If you’re ready to squeeze every ounce of fun out of this summer, then Milwaukee is the place to be! We’ve got the festivals, views, brews, and so much more for you to add to your summer bucket list. And trust us, there’s something for absolutely everyone. So, make the most of this gorgeous season, get out there, and experience it all!
Milwaukee is the city of festivals with a well-earned global reputation for putting on some of the best. Every weekend during the summer months there’s something to see, from cultural celebrations, to music festivals, to street parties. Some local favorites include:
- Summerfest – With over 800 bands and 900,000 attendees, Summerfest is the world’s largest music festival and should be at the top of everyone’s summer bucket list. The lineup is diverse with something for every musical taste.
- Lakefront Festival of Art – This festival, hosted by the Milwaukee Art Museum, exhibits the works of over 170 national artists. In addition to the wonderful works, guests will find food, entertainment, a sculpture garden, a boutique with artist-designed clothes and accessories, games, and more.
- Bastille Days – Bastille Days is Milwaukee’s free, popular French festival and one of the largest French-themed celebrations in the entire country. Francophiles can enjoy an international marketplace, live music, chef and wine demos, French and Cajun cuisine, and the always-anticipated signature 43-foot Eiffel Tower replica with hourly light shows.
- Wild Ones Weekend – The Harley-Davidson Museum hosts this vintage, 1940s-style rally. Whether you’re there to see some historic motor vehicles or participate in exciting field events, this one’s fun for the whole family.
To experience Milwaukee is like being in a friendly small town with access to all of the perks of a world city. It’s a wonderful hybrid that boasts so much life! Whether you want to feel the energy of a large crowd in the city-center or wander off into nature for some peace and quiet, Mil-Town’s summer activities have something for everyone. Some of our favorites include:
- Brewers Games – Baseball and summer go hand in hand. You get to watch a great game, get some sun, grab a brat and a beer – what’s not to love? So, get your Brewer pride on, and head over to Miller Park this season.
- Kayaking – If you want to experience Milwaukee’s beauty from a new perspective, go kayaking on the Milwaukee River. It’s a unique, healthy, and fun way to experience the outdoors.
- Climb the North Point Lighthouse – Milwaukee shares a unique maritime heritage with the Great Lakes. And, you can be a part of that when you check out the 74-foot North Point lighthouse. If you take the tour, you’ll hear all about the history of the area, plus, when you make it to the top, you get some truly spectacular views!
They don’t call Milwaukee “The Brew City” for nothing! Thanks to our city’s diverse people, neighborhoods, and histories, each area has spurred its own local taverns with their own distinct brewing traditions. So, we celebrate these traditions with outdoor festivals, food, drinks, events, and more. Area favorites include:
- Lakefront Brewery – Founded in 1987 as a small brewery, the Lakefront is now housed in an enormous former electric plant. Experience an entertaining brewery tour, then stay for their famous beer-battered cheese curds.
- Milwaukee Ale House – This microbrewery and restaurant is located downtown on the gorgeous Milwaukee River. Come and sip local beers while relaxing by the riverfront. And, if you stick around in the evenings, you’ll also be treated to some live music.
- City Lights Brewing Company – This company is the quintessential old meets new, as it’s housed in a historical building built in in 1902. This summer, take a tour, and taste their 14 different varieties of craft beer, including the popular Coconut Porter, then chill on the patio in the sun.
- Wolski’s – Wolski’s is an iconic bar in this city full of bars. This historic, family-owned tavern offers free popcorn, a pool table, darts, and over a dozen beers on tap. Loved by locals, it’s one of those watering holes that you simply can’t miss.
Whether you’re a local or a visitor, Milwaukee is the perfect place to enjoy the ultimate summer.