From food to drinks to clothing and antiques, markets are a wonderful reflection of a city’s unique culture. So, when it comes to showing off this city’s best, the markets of Milwaukee bring our amazing and eclectic culture to life in the most inspiring way!
Whether you’re looking for tasty treats to satisfy the moment, shopping for the whole family, or simply looking for a relaxing day spent strolling through booths and warehouses taking in the sights, we’re sharing our can’t-miss market picks.
- Milwaukee Public Market – The Milwaukee Public Market is one of the best representations of our unique city and its fantastic cuisine. It rivals that of the famous Pike Place Market in Seattle, as it’s known for specifically featuring local vendors and their products. From fish, to produce, to the famous Thief Wine Shop & Bar, this is where you want to be to sample the truest reflection of Milwaukee’s rich lifestyle.
- Garden District Farmers’ Market – Just as the name suggests, you can find some of the freshest produce around at the Garden District Farmers’ Market. Everything is brought straight from local farms to the booths. Plus, this market also hosts lots of tasty vendors and Milwaukee favorites like Cream City Caramels, Clock Shadow Creamery, and Milwaukee’s Original Cheese Factory.
- South Shore Farmers’ Market – The South Shore Market is your traditional Farmers’ Market right here in Bay View. Grab your morning coffee, and sip while you explore the fresh vendors offering everything from produce, to sweet and savory treats, to gorgeous seasonal flowers. And, best of all, it’s sits on the beautiful lake shores so you can relax and enjoy the view while you collect your haul.
- 7 Mile Fair – If you’re looking for a truly unique market experience, you won’t want to miss 7 Mile Fair. Bringing together market traditions and unconventional finds, this large venue and its hundreds of vendors is often surprisingly, yet refreshingly, weird. Market goers will find fresh produce and food, sure, but they’ll also find booths absolutely overflowing with everything from vintage toys to eccentric pieces of clothing.
- Bunzel’s Meat Market – Whether you’re a fellow Milwaukeean or an out-of-towner looking for delectable comforts, there’s nothing better than a home-cooked meal. And, when it comes to the quality elements of that meal, there’s no better place in Milwaukee to find the best all-natural meat. From sausages to beef jerky, and their famous burger patties, this is your go-to stop for picking up something mouth-wateringly delicious.
- Antiques on Pierce – Antiques on Pierce is where you’ll find all things vintage. And, it’s massive! Those looking for a blast from the past can spend several hours getting lost in this market jumping back in time. From unique clothing to collectible dining ware, to 18th-century bedroom sets, this place has it all!
The best way to experience Milwaukee’s rich culture is to just get out and explore! There’s no better way to take it all in than with a stroll through one of our many spectacular markets this summer. Enjoy!