From fireworks displays to parades, there’s no shortage of fun, festive events happening in and around Milwaukee in celebration of this Fourth of July! Here’s a look at some of the events happening around town this year:
- Lake Park (3233 E. Kenwood Blvd.) – Lake Park will host two parades. One will leave from Maryland Avenue Montessori School and the other from Harford University School. Both will begin at 9 a.m. and end at Lake Park where ice cream, games, talent shows and more can be enjoyed until noon. Later in the day, there will also be music at the lakefront from 8 to 9:15 p.m. when a fireworks display is scheduled to go off.
- Gordon Park (2828 N. Humboldt Blvd.) – All throughout the day, Gordon Park will host patriotic festivities for the whole family. Following a parade at 11 a.m. that will leave from St. Mary’s Casimir at 2600 N. Bremen St., and end in the park, there will be all kinds of family-friendly activities including arts and crafts. There will also be live shows with performances by Roxie Beane and the Bratz MKE Dance Team, among others. Events will take place from 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Then a fireworks display is set for 9:15 p.m.
- Alcott Park (3751 S. 97th St.) – The Fourth of July parade starts at 9:45 a.m. at 3575 S. 88th St. and will end at Alcott Park where family festivities include a flag-raising ceremony and kids’ crafts. There will also be a balloon clown to entertain from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Rounding out a day of fun at Alcott Park is their Fourth of July fireworks display set for 9:15 p.m.
- Enderis Playfield (2978 N. 72nd St.) – A parade will begin at 8:30 a.m. from Mother of Good Counsel Church on 6924 W. Lisbon Ave. and end in Enderis Playfield. A flag ceremony will follow at 9:15 a.m. Other activities taking place from 9 a.m. to noon include an Americana-themed trivia quiz, a singalong, a watermelon eating contest, and a water balloon contest.
- Humboldt Park (3000 S. Howell Ave.) – Kickoff the Fourth with a parade at 9 a.m. starting at South Kinnickinnic Avenue and East Linus Street, ending at the park. Then enjoy a day filled with all kinds of activities including baseball games, a doughnut eating contest, a talent show, a concert, and a fireworks celebration at 9:15 p.m.
- Jackson Park (3500 W. Forest Home Ave.) – Festivities begin with a parade at 8:30 a.m. starting in the St. Gregory parking lot at 60th Street and Oklahoma Avenue and ending in the park. The parade will be followed by a flag-raising ceremony and lots of family-friendly games from 9 to 11 a.m. Then, there will be a firework show at 9:15 p.m. in the park.
- Wilson Park (1601 W. Howard Ave.) – Fourth festivities begin at 9 a.m. with a parade at Wilson Park, followed by ice cream, a DJ, arts and crafts, games, and all kinds of other exciting events in the park including a performance by the Milwaukee Flyers. The night will wrap up with fireworks at 9:15 p.m.
This year, get your red, white, and blue pride on with your friends and neighbors all across the Milwaukee area. Come out and celebrate The Fourth at one of these exciting events, as we salute our great nation.