Who’s ready to cheer on our Packers? We sure are! So, why not make a weekend of your Sunday Funday, and come support our team while relaxing in a unique getaway setting here with us at the Kinn Guesthouse!
Whether you’re a die-hard fan with tickets to a game and looking for a hip place to host your family or friends for the weekend game events, or you’re just in town looking to submerge yourself in the local festivities, our boutique hotel is the place you want to be. Aside from the fact that you’ll have a wonderfully cozy place to lay your head after the game, we also offer fantastic amenities that will make you want to just stay in and catch the game from the comfort of your own suite. For instance, all of our guests can cook up a storm in our chef-inspired communal kitchen.
When you stay with us for Sunday Funday, you can cook up a football feast to rival any tailgaters out there, only you won’t have to dress for the cold! After all, football season is snack season, and finger food is an absolute must. And, what’s not to love about any of that? You get to hang with some friends in a chic hotel, catch the game, eat your favorite homemade treats, and relax during a mini weekend getaway – it’s the best of both worlds!
So, to get you energized for your weekend football getaway with us, here are two must-try appetizers that you can make right here in our kitchen for game day:
Baked Chipotle Honey Lime Hot Wings
- 24 chicken wings with the skin
Chipotle Chicken Rub
- 2 teaspoons of chipotle chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
Honey Lime Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup of honey
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice whisked together with ½ teaspoon of cornstarch
- ½ – 1 ½ teaspoons of your favorite hot wings sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Line a baking sheet with foil, and place a baking rack or oven proof cooling rack on top. Lightly spray it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix all of the Rub ingredients together in a bowl, then put half of the Rub in a large freezer bag.
- Add half of the wings into that bag, and shake until the wings are evenly coated.
- Place the coated wings on your prepared baking rack so that they don’t touch.
- Put the remaining wings and Rub ingredients into the freezer bag, and repeat.
- Bake your wings on an upper middle rack for 45-50 minutes at 400 F degrees.
- Then move the oven rack about 6-8 inches from the broiler, and turn the oven to Broil.
- Broil your wings to your desired crispiness, but watch them closely so that they don’t burn.
- Once crisped to perfection and set aside to cool, make your sauce by melting butter over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Whisk in the remaining Honey Lime Hot Sauce ingredients with the melted butter, and bring the ingredients to a boil. Be sure to stir the sauce occasionally.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer until your sauce becomes slightly thickened after about 1 minute.
- Put your cooked wings in a large bowl, and gently toss or mix them with the Honey Lime Hot Sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Dip Stuffed French Bread
- 1 large loaf of French bread
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup of sour cream
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- ¼ – ½ cup of your favorite hot sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons of dry ranch dressing seasoning mix
- ½ teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- salt to taste
- ¼ – ½ cup of Blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup of grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese
- 3 cups of packed shredded chicken
- 6 pieces of cooked, crumbled bacon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Make a bread bowl out of your French loaf by cutting a large rectangle in the top and hollowing out the middle.
- Thoroughly mix together the cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and hot sauce with all of the spices and seasonings.
- Add, and stir in the blue cheese, ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese, and ¾ cup of the mozzarella cheese. Then, stir in the chicken.
- Put your Buffalo Chicken Dip into your bread bowl, and top it with the remaining cheeses.
- Place your bread bowl with the dip on a baking sheet, and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly golden.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
Now that you’re all set for a scrumptious game day and weekend getaway, take advantage of our offer of 30% off Sundays when you book Friday and Saturday! Go Packers!
Milwaukee Hotel Sunday Specials!
Kinn Guesthouse offers deeply discounted rates for Sunday night stays when you also book Friday and Saturday. Make a weekend out of your Milwaukee getaway! Ask us for details.