Every city is romantic in its own right, especially when explored with the right person. So, if you’re planning your honeymoon and looking for a romantic getaway, Milwaukee should be at the top of your list! With so much natural beauty, exceptional dining, and unforgettable cultural experiences, Milwaukee is the perfect place to explore with your loved one.
From the sights, to the sounds and flavors of our gorgeous city, you and your partner will have a truly unforgettable, romantic trip. There’s so much to see and do, and so many memories to make that will be shared forever. Here’s just a small peak at some of the fun and romance you can share when you honeymoon in Milwaukee:
- Take a Romantic Walk – No matter the time of year, taking a long romantic stroll along the lakefront is a must. In summer, you can sit together, and sink your toes into the sand, and in winter you can bundle up together walking hand-in-hand sipping hot cocoa as you explore the sights along Lincoln Memorial Drive. There are even nice little stops along the walk, like Colectivo Coffee’s lakefront café. If you can’t make it to Lincoln Memorial, there are other great lakefront strolls you should check out, like South Shore Park right here in Bay View. There’s also Doctor’s Park, Schlitz Audubon Nature Center, and Klode Park.
- Dine in an Intimate Setting – Milwaukee is absolutely overrun with cozy, intimate, and diverse eateries. From Italian, to French, to American classics, you can find it all. In addition to our own restaurant, Kindred, some local favorites include The Pasta Tree, the always-romantic Lake Park Bistro, Tenuta’s, Mason Street Grill, and Crazy Water, to name just a few.
- Laugh Over a Beer – Wisconsin is known for its beer, so while on your getaway, find time to reconnect over a cold one. During the warmer months, al-fresco beer gardens pop up all around the city and its surrounding areas. These are great for cozying up on a blanket under a blooming tree while enjoying a picnic with some of Milwaukee’s finest brews. During the colder months, you can dip into just about any pub for a taste of Wisconsin’s finest craft beer while you spend some quality time laughing with your lover.
- Enjoy a Cocktail at a Vintage Bar – In addition to our fine brews, one thing Milwaukee does very well are vintage bars. These are fun places that date back to the middle of last century that haven’t changed one bit! And, trust us, it’s one experience you just can’t get anywhere else. Local favorites include Bryant’s Cocktail Lounge and Bay View’s own At Random. Both places boast fantastically skilled mixologists who can whip up a perfectly paired drink to toast your happy occasion.
- Attend a Show – Milwaukee is home to all kinds of exciting performing arts venues and genres. It’s home to a professional opera, ballet company, and orchestra, which for all of you honeymooners means that there are several opportunities for an elegant and romantic night out. If you’re looking for something more steeped in theater, some of our outstanding theater groups include the Milwaukee Repertory Theatre, Lake Country Playhouse, The Alchemist Theatre, and Sunset Playhouse.
Milwaukee is for lovers – come see for yourselves! We know you’ll fall in love with the city and each other all over again as you explore and experience the romance that our beloved town has to offer. And, if you and the love of your life are looking for a lovely, cozy place to stay while you explore the city together, our Kinn Guesthouse is the place for you. Happy honeymooning!