If you’re still working out where you should spend your summer vacation, look no further than Bay View and the greater Milwaukee area. From our stunning neighborhoods and lovely people, to our industrial boomtown city center, to the food and beer scene, and so much more, Milwaukee is a city that you definitely shouldn’t overlook. Just take a look at some of the amazing things we’re known for that can be included in your Milwaukee summer vacation.
- Food – When you’re in Milwaukee, you know you’re going to be enjoying some amazing food! From James Beard award-winning restaurants to everyday, budget-friendly dining, the city’s food scene is diverse and a foodie’s paradise. Whether you’re craving a brat or seafood, you can find it all, right here!
- Beer – Milwaukee is the beer capital of America boasting some of the best beer in the world! In fact, most know our city as being the home of the famous Miller Brewery. But, we don’t just hold down the big names. Milwaukee is also known for having some of the best micro and craft breweries around.
- Architecture – As our corner of the world experiences the entire spectrum of weather conditions and temperatures throughout the year, it’s not surprising that we have some of the coolest and most unique architecture to reflect the climate, not to mention our history. From historical buildings to stunning modern architecture, we love it all, and it often reflects the season. For example, Miller Park, home to the Milwaukee Brewers, has a unique retractable roof. There are many other buildings around the city that use this sort of architectural transformation in a unique way as well, including the Milwaukee Art Museum that opens and closes its wings.
- Parks – As cool as the city is, Milwaukee is also deeply connected to nature, boasting some of the most picturesque green spaces. While you can find stunning Frank Lloyd Wright architecture throughout the city, some of our parks were actually designed by his son with equally great thought and design. No matter where you are, you’re only a stone’s throw away from a relaxing park where you can escape into nature for a hike among the trees or stroll the lakeside and take in the spectacular city views.
- Beaches – You might not think of beaches when you think of Milwaukee, but that’s what you’ll find – beaches that almost resemble a tropical paradise! Our lakeside beaches are absolutely beautiful and draw locals and visitors alike all day, every day during the mild summer months. Whether you want to picnic, play a game of beach volleyball, or just sunbath, Lake Michigan is the perfect backdrop to a relaxing day under the sun.
- Entertainment – Any given day of the week there’s something to do, especially for music-lovers. Milwaukee is the festival capital! From the recently concluded Summerfest to the many cultural festivals that celebrate our city’s wonderful diversity, there’s something for absolutely everyone.
Now that you know a little more about our wonderful city, what are you waiting for? Come visit us this season, and see for yourself what you’ve been missing out on! And, when you stay with us at the Kinn Guesthouse, we promise to make your stay all the more special with our stellar boutique accommodations and warm, friendly friends and neighbors. Happy travels!